Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I am technology illiterate.  I watch my children and even grandchildren use their gadgets so easily and I wonder what there is on there that they can spend so much time on their phone or computer.

I have to admit, I was probably one of the last people in Martins Ferry to get a cell phone.  I really couldn't see the since in paying for two phones.  It never dawned on me to just get rid of my house phone.  I had both until about a year and a half or so ago when I finally disconnected my house phone. Sometimes, I wonder if I did the right thing.  Now people have access to me 24/7 and this can become annoying but then again, people have access to me 24/7 and this can be a lifesaver.

Thanks to Dale, I got a new phone a couple of months ago.  I can now go on facebook and check my mail on there.  Yea.  I watch my girls doing all this different stuff on their phones and just can't figure out how to do it on mine.  On top of that, I don't have the imagination to figure out what I want to do with my phone.  Who comes of with these different apps to add to you phone and how do you even know what to look for? I am so confused. 

My technology illiteracy is not limited to the phone.  I am computer illiterate also.  I went back to school a few years ago and was told in my first class I would need to do a powerpoint presentation.  What in the world is powerpoint?  Thank heaven for my youngest daughter.  She walked my through the process several times and even "prettied up" some of my presentations. 

I have been doing some sewing and thought I would try to sell some things on ebay.  My oldest daughter casually says to me, "why don't you just make a webpage and sell them on facebook?"  Really, you can do that?  I have no idea how that is done but with some help, I am going to try to get it up and running.  We will see.

This blog has been a new experience for me.  I have done some writing and sharing and it actually is relaxing for me.  I know there is a way you can link this blog to your facebook account. I haven't figured out how to do that yet.  I just copy and paste and there you have it.  Oh well, maybe someday I will become the technology literate person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment