Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring forward. Such a simple sentence but full of meaning.  Each spring we turn our clocks forward and start fresh.  With a spring birthday coming up, I have started thinking of ways to "spring forward" my life.

There is so much I can do to make some positive changes in my life: health, happiness, spirtuality and faith.

I have begun to watch what we eat.  I live with a junk food addict and that is a big downfall for my self control.  Anyone who knows me is aware that I am not a vegetable person.  I actually ate tomatoes in my salad tonight, that is a big step for me.

My daughters have decided to do a 5K and I am determined to join them.  I have half heartedly taken to walking but must put more time and effort into it.  I know this is what I need to do.

I have been questioning my faith and spirituality lately.  I was raised in the Presbyterian church and attended Sunday school, youth fellowship and choir practice every week, because my parents said I had to.  As I grew older, I continued to attend services and made sure my girls did too but I feel like I just go through the motions.  I don't feel that deep connection I think I should.  I can recite the Lord's Prayer and Aposteles Creed but I don't really understand what they mean. 

I need to look into myself and discover what my faith means to me. 

I will be 53 soon.  My family genes aren't all that great and I want to be the one to break that cycle.  Spring is a new beginning, and that is just what I intend to do this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment